Adding NIC drivers to FC1 install CD?

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Tue Oct 26 20:46:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just bought a Dell PowerEdge 750 and want to install Fedora Core 1 on it.
Everything seems to work fins so far, except I don't have network, because
FC1 doesn't have the right driver.
It should not be a big problem since IBM apparently offers Linux drivers for
this mainboard.

My question is this: once I am done compiling a driver that works, is there
a way to create my own FC1 install CD with this driver one there, so that
the installer is going to find the Network and install it the same way as if
it knew it all along?
Or even better, add it to an FC1 boot CD, load the network driver and then
do the rest of the install over the network with a kickstart file?

Thanks,

MARK