kpackage

Walter Gábor Gabor.Walter at sic.hu
Tue Oct 26 21:19:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

After looking at the list archive and various other web resources I
thought I would try and build kpackage for FC2.
I was almost successful, I am having a small problem, though.
Here is what I did:
Installed the appropriate kdeadmin src.rpm
Modified the spec file to include kpackage
Started rpmbuild -ba specfile

Everything seemed fine, but I ended up with the following error message:

RPM build errors:
File not found: /var/tmp/kdeadmin-buildroot/usr/sbin/kpackage
File not found:
/var/tmp/kdeadmin-buildroot/etc/security/console.apps/kpackage

What is interesting, though, is that there is a kpackage binary in
/var/tmp/kdeadmin-buildroot/usr/bin which seems to be running fine.
Some might say this can be considered success but I'd rather have a
normal rpm file, which, then, I would be more than happy to share.

Any clues?

Thanks.
Gabor Walter
Hungary