Fedora fc3t2 Adaptec 2100s I2O boot issue

Adam Newcomb a_newcomb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 22:20:07 UTC 2004

I am attempting to install Fedora Core 3 Test 2 on an
Intel Winterpark with with an Adaptec 2100s ( I
believe it uses I2O ).  The installation appears to
succeed but, upon reboot after the congratulations
screen, Grub never loads, and the system appears
waiting as the cursor flashes and nothing happens.
Possibly inconsequential, but ff I run the installer
and try linux rescue, it reports that no linux
partitions are found.  Does anybody have any
suggestions, or are there any success stories?

thanks,
-a.n.