pb with xorg install

hi all,

my aim is to write a french doc to show how to make a minimum install of fedora become useful!

i've got a problem with the install of xorg-x11

i tried yum install xorg-x11 on two differents machines ( one with an nvidia graphic chipset and one with an ati one). in the two way yum install nvidia-kernel-module.... ok on the first system but why on the second.....

whatever the machines i used, i need to reboot before xorg start correctly, before the reboot when i try startx i've got a black screen and no way to get back the hand on a console (expect connecting from another system).

anyone may explain me why the nvidia-module is always installed and why i 'have to reboot before to use xorg correctly (at the first time after the install)
thanks for help