mysql 4.x and fedoracore2

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at telus.net
Wed Oct 27 16:22:11 UTC 2004

Personally I believe that there are more features in Postgres, they are
technically different (unless you define what you mean by that :)). There is a
conformance to the ACID principles in Postgres which are currently being
developed or getting there slowly with MySQL or are just simply not there.

Personally Postgres is something that can effectively stand in the same league
as Oracle and friends. Version 8.0 has some really neat features, such as
tablespaces for one. http://advocacy.postgresql.org/advantages/ is useful in
explaining what is available.

Aly.

--