Re: Intro to services

Shane Presley wrote:

One additional question. I want to add a new service. I have a

Just put description and chkconfig comments in the top of the script and place it in /etc/init.d/.
This is also documented in man chkconfig, and you may refer to other init.d scripts for examples. Then chkconfig add will accomplish what you wanted, constructing symlinks.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021