install xorg pb

Yohann Desquerre yohann.desquerre at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 27 19:55:30 UTC 2004

hi all,

my aim is to write a french doc to show how to make a minimum install of
fedora become useful!

i've got a problem with the install of xorg-x11

i tried yum install xorg-x11 on two differents machines ( one with an
nvidia graphic chipset and one with an ati one). in the two way yum
install nvidia-kernel-module.... ok on the first system but why on the
second.....

whatever the machines i used, i need to reboot before xorg start
correctly, before the reboot when i try startx i've got a black screen
and no way to get back the hand on a console (expect connecting from
another system).

anyone may explain me why the nvidia-module is always installed and why
i 'have to reboot before to use xorg correctly (at the first time after
the install)
thanks for help