Downloaded updates from FC2

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 20:56:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:27:44 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
<alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Am Mi, den 27.10.2004 schrieb Josimar Nunes de Oliveira um 18:22:
>
> > How to keep updated many workstations and servers from an updated machine or something like a
> > "service pack", to avoid download traffic ? I would have only one machine with most recently downloaded
> > updates from FC2 and then all internal machines in my interprise would point to it to get that updates.
> > Does someone know how and would help me to do this ?
>
> > Josimar Nunes de Oliveira
>
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/hal_canary/yum/
>
> Written when FC1 was current, but easily adjustable for FC2 or upcoming
> FC3.
>
> Alexander
>
> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
> Serendipity 20:26:40 up 7 days, 17:06, load average: 0.96, 0.52, 0.39
>

> --

Why don't you just write a simple shell script(s) that update all the
boxes with yum and runs at differrent times.  Set it up with cron and
stagger the times if you want.  No need to get into the repository
business unless you really have to.

.02,

--
Marc

Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.
Ayn Rand