Problem installing fedora core 3 test3 on reiserfs /

Federico Tello Gentile federicotg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:02:21 UTC 2004

AFAIK the / fs needs the kernel to support the fs type directly not as
module and the default fedora kernels come with reiserfs as a module
(loaded after the / fs is mounted).
So the CD comes with a kernel image that does not support reiserFS and
it can't mount the / fs so he can't install the rpms....
Use reiser for /home or for other fs.