Sendmail Milter Question

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Oct 28 02:02:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 22:52, Paul Howarth wrote:

> At least that's how I *think* you do it in sendmail 8.12.x. I'm using 8.13.x
> and only run milters on the MTA daemon, not on the MSA:
>
> MAIL_FILTER(`headercheck-milter',
> `S=unix:/var/run/headercheck-milter/headercheck-milter.sock, F=T,
> T=C:4m;S:4m;R:8m;E:16m')dnl
> MAIL_FILTER(`spfmilter', `S=unix:/var/run/spfmilter/spfmilter.sock, F=T,
> T=C:4m;S:4m;R:8m;E:16m')dnl
> FEATURE(`no_default_msa')dnl
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA,
> InputMailFilters=headercheck-milter;spfmilter')dnl
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl

Ah.. You were answering the other post from me regarding the
MSA/MTA/MSP.

You mentioned you run the milters on the MTA instead of the MSA. Right
now, I have both the MTA and MSA running, and the milters (spam/clamav)
are running on the MTA.

Evo is configured to hand off the emails to the local sendmail program,
but from what it looks like, I think it's still going to the MTA, hence
going through the milters. This should not be necessary right? How do I
change it?

Appreciate any comments.