Boot params to force kernel to load drivers???

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Thu Oct 28 02:53:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just installed a Highpoint RocketRaid 1640 SATA RAID controller with 2
SATA disks in an FC1 server.
The disks are configured for mirrored RAID 1 setup using the CTRL-H boot
BIOS tool and should appear to the system as one hard disk.
However, after booting, the Fedora installer shows both hard-disks that I
can partition and format independently rather than displaying just one
logical Volume.
Does this mean the driver was not loaded or loaded too late?
I load the driver using insmod as soon as the X-based installer comes up and
I can get to the command prompt via CTRL-SHIFT-F2.
The driver loads successfully, but I assume at that point it is already too
late...
How can I fix this problem?

Thank you,

MARK