Gnome system monitor applet

Hi list,

I use to have the Gnome system monitor applet on my panel to have a
better understanding of what's happening on my system at a given time.

I think i do not have a good understanding of the average load meter. It
stays very low, <10%, most of the time, even when CPU time usage and RAM
memory usage are near 100%. Any idea of how is to be intepreted average
load meter?

Thanks