Re: manually assigned mac address

Richard Worwood wrote:
I'm trying to work out how to configure a manually assigned mac address
onto an interface without much luck.

Does anyone know how ?

Hi,

As root, do

	ifconfig eth0 down
	ifconfig eth0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
	ifconfig eth0 up

assuming that your NIC device is eth0, and substituting the xx:xx.. with the desired MAC address.

If that does thhe job for you, you might want to edit

and set it there (I think the parameter was called HWADDR, but I am away from a fedora box)

Greets,

//Andro

-- Andrey Andreev University of Helsinki Dept. of Computer Science