Re: OT: Security....

On Thursday 28 October 2004 03:37 am, HaJo Schatz wrote:

I have hacked a script which tails /var/log/secure and reacts on attempts
to log in as root with password. Such offending IPs are then denied port
22 access. Any comments, positive or negative, on this?

Oooh... care to post it? I like the sounds of that. :-)
	Thanks

I'd also love to have a look - sounds like a good idea! Might also be nice for configurable to deny access to other services after repeated failures - eg web login forms etc