gnome-terminal full screen: slow!

Hi there,

My gnome terminal seems quite slow in full screen (1400x1050), specially when scrolling with vi inside long files.

I wonder if this normal, since the rest of the system goes quite fast, and xterm just scrolls really fast...

All other programs scroll reasonably fast, gnome-terminal seems to be the exception. Of course, it depends on its size, if I resize to be a small window then it runs fast enough.

Thanks for any help!

Carles