yum update problem

Hi,
     I tried to update my system using yum update option. While the
update was running the connection between my computer & ISP failed.
But yum continues tries to receive updates from the server, without
knowing the connection has failed. Then i have to kill the process
with ctrl-c. Is there a way to make yum to automatically stop upon
connection failure.

Thank you,

with regards,
ashwin