Another problem when using Livna.org yum updates

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Oct 28 20:10:42 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 28.10.2004 schrieb Beartooth um 21:34:

> >> rpm --import http://www.fedoralegacy.org/FEDORA-LEGACY-GPG-KEY
> >
> > Fedora Legacy has nothing to do with rpm.livna.org.
>
> That's news; good thing I asked.

From what did you previously conclude it to be different?

The Fedora Legacy Project took over the responsibility for the Fedora
_Core_ 1 packages for keeping them secure by providing bugfixing
updates.

> > Why don't you read the clear instructions at http://rpm.livna.org?
> > --> GPG key
>
> Why don't you read my .sig? Because they're utterly incomprehensible,
> except maybe to Alpha Plus Nerds. I'm only a poor retired professor and
> professional explicator of texts.
>
> Or do you go out of your way to be as nasty to the less informed as you
> can manage? This is certainly by no means the first time you've done it to
> me.
>
> If there were 10% more people like Alexander, the public for all of linux
> would soon become negligible. He should confine himself to what
> he's minimally competent at -- meaning, apparently , talking to Einstein.

Sorry if you feel offended by my answer. But isn't the first point to
start when deciding to use a specific repository to read the
instructions on it's main site? I would think so. That has little to do
with skills or experience with and knowledge about Linux in general or
Fedora in detail.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 22:01:37 up 8 days, 18:41, load average: 0.24, 0.29, 0.27