Fishing for answers and opinions - Beginner -

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Oct 28 21:40:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 09:57 -0500, Bradley (FC2 List) wrote:
> I have installed FC2 on a "Practice" machine and would like to start from
> scratch again. Should I reinstall FC2 or wait for FC3?

Only depends on whether the hour or so that reinstall takes is an
irrelevant point or a major bother. FC3 will be out on November 8th, and
you will likely get it downloaded on the 9th or 10th... and I would
really recommend working with FC3 and learning on the "latest and
greatest".

FC3 will include better, more mature versions of quite a few things that
were introduced in FC2 (the 2.6 kernel), and should be a very stable and
solid platform.

That being said, I just installed a system yesterday that I'll have to
reinstall with FC3 pretty soon. Why? The time to do it was not a
problem, and I don't mind. It really is that simple.

But whatever you do, I *would* recommend that for a practice and
learning machine, that you work with FC3. No reason not to do this.

> Thanks for a most helpful list.

That's what we're here to do! (When somebody isn't running off at the
mouth about politics, that is...) <grin>

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>