up2date package marking & Red Carpet

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Fri Oct 29 04:10:33 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I use up2date for my FC2 and it works great. I run it weekly but every time I
use it I have to see all the other packages which I DON'T want' to upgrade.
Thus, if there are new updates I have to browse thru all these others...

Is there a way to prevent certain packages not showing on the update list? For
example, "Red Carpet" calls it "to lock a package". You can mark or "lock"
certain packages not to be considered for updating. If you lock a package you
will not see it again. If you later want to unlock it you can (all this thru
command-line).

Is this available with up2date?

Thanks in advance,
Jorge