Virtual Terminal- windows from linux and viceversa

Dear All,
    I would like to go linux OS from windows OS from the same machine and viceversa . I also want to do the same from one machine to another - from  one windows OS to another linux OS and viceversa. Can this be achieved by VNC? Any suggestions on which VNC to use?

Regards,
Rajiv