How to mount samba folder within a NT Domain network?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Oct 29 16:09:42 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 29.10.2004 schrieb Elvis um 11:36:

[ reordered top-posting ]

> >>Replace the server name with IP address, I mount the share folder
> >>successfully. The NT share server and my PC are in the same LAN.

> Could you post your smb.conf? It seems that your nmbd service is not
> running. If it is, it may net be configured properly. Try `service smb
> status to check (fedora has both smbd and nmbd in the smb service)

He is using no Samba service but using the samba-client. So no daemon
has to run on the client side. The "nmblookup" command can be helpful.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:07:06 up 9 days, 14:46, load average: 0.36, 0.41, 0.36