Re: Linux builds for PowerPC?

To install Fedora on PPC, check out

http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/fedorappc.html

Tarun

On Oct 29, 2004, at 11:53 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 18:33, Adam Boettiger wrote:
Is Linux Fedora compatible with the PowerPC?

There are builds of Fedora Core for PPC but I don't know how stable they
are. Currently PPC is not an officially supported platform of FC. The
package tree for PPC is here:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/ ppc/

I can't seem to find any ISOs you can dowload though.

I have a G4 Mac Tibook with a 60G drive that I want to dual partition
OSX with Linux. If Fedora is not PowerPC compatible, what are some other
builds that are?

Yellow Dog Linux (you'll need to google that) is a port of Fedora Core to PPC. It seems to be well-regarded. I have recently heard very good reports of Ubuntu (Debian based distribution) on PPC.

Here is a review of Ubuntu on Mac:

http://www.ppcnerds.org/Article207.html

You can download Ubuntu from here:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/download/