eM Bay Reader on FC1

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 20:40:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:32:42 -0700 (PDT), Alan Mead <cubrewer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a Gateway with one of those multiple-media readers
> (SD/DF/...).   In KDE's control panel, under information, the device
> itself seems to be seen, attached to "USB UHCI Root Hub (4)"... Does
> anyone know how I read media on this thing?
>
> -Alan
>
> --

What do you have in /dev?  Also....why don't you do a 'yum update' and
update everything on the box.  I had an external reader that gave me
grief and I di dthat and no more problems.  Not sure about KDE's
control panel, I don't use it.  Need to find out how Linux treats
that.  Windows sees both the usb reader, AND the media as seperate
devices.  Basically I had usb problems but this fixed it, it may have
been some sort of differrence between v1 and v2 w/FC1.

--
Marc

Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.
Ayn Rand