USB to Serial interface to Meade Telescope

I'm trying to get KStars to control my Meade telescope mount with #497
controller. The setup is a USB to serial converter to the scope
controller. It does work under Windoze, so I'm confident that the basic
idea is sound. But KStars does not find the scope. Can anybody provide
insight or a link to info that might help me move ahead with this?

Chuck Sterling