TT fonts

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Oct 30 04:40:23 UTC 2004

On 10/29/2004 08:02:38 PM, vgrrao V wrote:
> I am running FC2 with anti aliasing and bytecode
> interpreter on. Some of the windows fonts look crappy.
> For example, look at 'k' and 'x' in the screenshot
> attached. Is there any way to make them look exactly
> as they look under windows?

Did you turn on hinting?
If I recall - hinting is only for flat panels, and looks crappy on
CRT's - but on flat panels, you want it.

I personally haven't had any issues with ttf fonts displaying.
I've had some ttf fonts that don't print to pdf for some reason, but
those were obscure fonts that may not have been to specification.

At any rate - play with the hinting would be my guess.

I have noticed that comic sans ms is different in Linux than Windows -
but that's the only issue I've *noticed*. I use the MS core web fonts,
plus (purchased) helvetica, shimmer, phollic, palatino linotype, plus a
few others.