audacity segfaults on FC2

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sat Oct 30 11:01:19 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:22:21 +0200, Hannes Mayer wrote:
>

>>Hi all!
>>
>>I tried to record sound with krec - didn't work, so I tried audacity.
>>
>>I installed the audacity rpm from Dag, freshrpms, and from Planet CCRMA
>>as recommended on the audacity sf.net site, but no avail.
>>
>>All 3 builds segfault while starting.
>>
>>Anyone got audacity working on FC2 ?
>

> Try the binary package from fedora.us -- but please don't add its
> dependencies from other repositories, since that would make any
> trouble-shooting or debugging impossible (unless you did it yourself).

Hi Michael!

Thanks for the hint! Didn't look at fedora.us.
But this binary also segfaults...

audacity depends on wxWidgets, so I did a search for it:
# rpm -qa | grep wx
wxGTK-devel-2.4.2-1
wxGTK-common-2.4.2-0.fdr.2.2
wxBase-2.4.2-1
wxGTK-2.4.2-1
wxGTK2-2.4.2-0.fdr.2.2

No wxWidgets. Maybe that is the problem ?
On the other hand why did the rpm install, when wxWidgets is not present ?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Hannes.