/usr/bin/file produces an error

Hi,

I am running in to the following problem. When i run:
/usr/bin/file the following out output is printed:

Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly. Needs to be fixed.
Usage: file [-bcnvzL] [-f namefile] [-m magicfiles] file...
I like to fix this but i have no clue where to start, can someone point me in the right direction?

For your information, i am running Fedora Core 1, running on a 512 MB pentium IV.

Thanks.

Sander