audacity segfaults on FC2

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat Oct 30 14:23:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:06:00 +0200, Hannes Mayer wrote:

> >>audacity depends on wxWidgets, so I did a search for it:
> >

> > Where do you see such a dependency?
>
> Michael,
>
> I looked at the audacity.sf.net site and they list wxWidgets as
> dependency.

I still don't understand you. Anyway, as explained earlier:
wxGTK = wxWidgets/GTK+

> Anyway, since krec and gnome-sound-recorder don't record any sound,
> I just forget audacity.
>
> # krec
> ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: Broken pipe
>
> and gnome-sound-recorder just hangs when pressing stop after recording
> or segfaults at all.
>
> Anyone ever recorded a sound via mic or line-in with Fedora or is just a myth that
> ALSA works ? ;-)

Audacity from fedora.us is not built for ALSA, because the included
audio system is incomplete/unstable.

Anyway, the crash you're seeing is something else. "rm -rf ~/.audacity",
rebuilding the src.rpm, installing the "audacity-debuginfo" package
and enabling core dumps, would be a first step of trouble-shooting the
problem.

I'm now off looking why fedora.us has no Audacity 1.2.2 yet.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.521
loadavg: 0.06 0.16 0.16