Re: AMD cpu slows down (I think)

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Trevor Smith wrote:

> Research leads me to believe that this is a "feature" of the Powernowstuff or
> something, but it is definitely not a feature I want.

<snip>

> 1. am I correct in my assessment of the situation, do you think?

cat /proc/cpuinfo - and see if the CPU MHz is not the max it should be.

> 4. how can I turn this damn Powernow thing off?

You can try: 'killall -SIGUSR1 cpuspeed' and see if to goes to max
speed (/proc/cpuinfo) - and you get all your performance back.

You can also disable it by turning off 'cpuspeed' service.

I like using sppedstep on FC1.(go to max-freq only if you need the
extra cycles). I don't have any x-window refresh issues.

Satish