audacity segfaults on FC2

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sat Oct 30 17:01:53 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:57:19 +0200, Hannes Mayer wrote:
>

>>sorry for being not clear. I understood that wxGTK = wxWidgets/GTK+
>>I just said where I saw it ;-)
>>
>>Well, tried to build from source, but see yourself:
>>
>># rpmbuild --rebuild audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2.src.rpm
>>Installing audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2.src.rpm
>>error: Failed build dependencies:
>>         flac-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
>>         ladspa-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
>>         libsamplerate-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
>>         libsndfile-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
>>         libid3tag-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
>>
>>I consider myself as quite a geek, but that is too much hassle.
>

> Well, it would be simple to add the missing packages:
>
>   yum -y install flac-devel ladspa-devel libsamplerate-devel \
>     libsndfile-devel libid3tag-devel
>
> or:
>
>   up2date flac-devel ladspa-devel libsamplerate-devel \
>     libsndfile-devel libid3tag-devel

Hi Michael!

As I already knew, that didn't work. It hangs when resolving dependencies,
as it always does when there are too many packages selected.
So resolved them by hand, grabbing and installing the devels and the
audacity compiled and works :-)))
Thanks a lot for your patience and help!!!!

Just one thing, when I record a second track and the first one is playing
the second track gets scrambled and is barely recognizable as guitar
(no, it's not my guitar-playing ;-)
Any idea about this one ? Is it due high latency when playing and recording at
once ?

> I assume something in your installation is broken/damaged.

Well, not that I did something obscure with my system. The 10+ linux servers
at the company are always feeling well to when I take care about them, so does
my home system ;-)

Thank you & best regards,
Hannes.