Computer crashes after 2 days

Peter Collier pecb at nildram.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 20:09:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 19:58, priou wrote:
> Le samedi 30 Octobre 2004 20:31, Peter Collier a écrit :
> > I've noticed these logwatch messages sent to root. Don't know if this
> > gives a clue.
> >
> > --------------------- ModProbe Begin ------------------------
> >
> > Errors running install command:
> >    sound_slot_1  : 7 Time(s)
>
> >.......... / CUT/..................
>

> > Peter
>
> this routine Crond doesn't say why your system crashed after 2 day
> it's a rapport only for the service : sendmail, modprob imap , ssh ....
>
> see your dmesg or your files message in /var/log/
>
> my knowledge has, I had the same problem
> after have erase the xscreensaver on my fedora , this problem disappeared
>
> alexandre

What may be error messages from dmesg :-

SELinux:  Initializing. ##(I didn't choose selinux on install, but later
in this file it does disable selinux))
SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode
There is already a security framework initialized, register_security
failed.
selinux_register_security:  Registering secondary module capability
vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6
audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)
- Added public key 9488DB81FF525AA3
- User ID: Red Hat, Inc. (Kernel Module GPG key)
ksign: invalid packet (ctb=00)
Unable to load default keyring: error=74
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with

idebus=xx ## (Should I change this to 66?, 100?)

agpgart: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 1x mode
  ##(should this not be 4x?)

hub 4-0:1.0: 6 ports detected
usb 1-2: device not accepting address 2, error -71

My other log messages are similar to the logwatch message I posted in my
first email.

Peter