Re: AMD cpu slows down (I think)

On October 30, 2004 2:25 pm, Jonathan Berry wrote:
>  The best thing is to use a
> governor.  Powernowd is pretty good, and it's simple.  You can get it
> from http://www.deater.net/john/powernowd.html  Do some looking around
> in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ and report back what you
> find.

Hmm... I downloaded and did make, make install, but I'm not sure what next.
powernowd does not appear in my services utility so I can't set it to start
or not on boot, nor does it appear to be running.

It says, "This means that you -need- to be running Linux v2.5 or later that
includes the sysfs interface." I am running kernel-2.6.8-1.521 but I don't
think I have the sysfs interface.

--
Trevor Smith // trevor haligonian com