Re: Dual boot strategy

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 03:56, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> I use individual /home directories for each installation. This allows
> one newer program from preventing an older program of the same type from
> being blown away fro any changes. SELinux might enter into shared home
> directories from each installation.

Indeed it would; an SELinux system like FC3 wants to write extended
filesystem attributes to filesystems. These attributes may not be
compatible with older kernels from previous FC versions. So this is
another reason why it may not be practical to share *any* partitions
(except perhaps ones mounted read-only) between installations.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org>