Installing Fedora 2 in VMWare 4.5.2

Lotsa Cabo lotsacabo at spamjammer.com
Sun Oct 31 17:39:18 UTC 2004

On Oct 31, 2004, at 10:23 AM, Alexis Aloneftis wrote:

> I am not at all a Unix person and would very much like to learn. I
> installed Fedora Final Core 2 on my P4 PC running WinXP inside a
> virtual machine. The installer worked fine when I used at the
> installation boot prompt the text “linux linuxresolution=1024x768”
> (without the quotes). The X-Windows GUI worked and installed fine
> until the end. When I rebooted for the first time, I noted that all
> services said OK except smartd which failed. Towards the end, when the
> X-Windows GUI is about to come up, text line which go by quickly state
> that a monitor cannot be found and I am sent to the command line for
> logging on.

Go to the help menu in VMWare.  They have very specific instructions
which will walk you through the installation of each guest operating
system... including Linux.  While I do not remember the specific steps
off the top of my head, I have used that same help system several times
with Linux and it worked perfectly.

R/S
Ryan

Tired of spam?  Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say
goodbye to junk email forever!