playing DVD with combo drive

ashwin kesavan iyengar ashwin.chn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 19:06:08 UTC 2004

Hi,
     I downloaded xine player. It works fine with VCD but says error
when DVD is played(something like drive not found). My DVD drive is
actually a combo drive(CD-R,RW,ROM,DVD-ROM). My combo drive is
LG-GCC-4521B. It is able to show the contents of the dvd. There was no
/dev/dvd file in the /dev. The combo drive is indicated by cd-rom1. I
hav another cd-rom drive which is shown as cd-rom. The combo drive is
shown as /dev/hdc. how to play dvd with xine.

Thank you,

with regards,
ashwin