Re: gnome-terminal full screen: slow!

Carles Cufi wrote:
> My gnome terminal seems quite slow in full screen (1400x1050), specially
> when scrolling with vi inside long files.
>
> I wonder if this normal, since the rest of the system goes quite fast,
> and xterm just scrolls really fast...

You might be interested in looking at this post from the development
list, and the follow-ups (and the follow-ups to the follow-ups...):

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-October/msg01434.html

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | The server will blow up ... [even] if you do pay the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | maintenance, and then if you follow the instructions