konqueror problem - Can't talk to klauncher

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Fri Sep 3 19:54:55 UTC 2004

> [charshaw at simba charshaw]$ kdeinit
> ---------------------------------
> It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
> that it is not already running, remove
> /home/charshaw/.DCOPserver_simba.penguinsolutions.org__0
> and start dcopserver again.
> ---------------------------------
>
> kbuildsycoca running...

The problem is indeed reocurring. I am using FC2 (fully updated), and
Gnome, but frequently use Konqueror. When I log out and log back in, try
to start Konqueror, I get the "Can't talk to klauncher" error. Manually
starting klauncher does not solve the problem. However, if I start
kdeinit from the command line, my Konqueror once again functions as it
should without error.

What other diagnostic things can I try to help figure out what is going
on with kdeinit, klauncher and konqueror?

Thanks,
Clint