Using redhat-config-httpd with another apache.

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Fri Sep 24 17:42:38 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-09-24 00:21, Chris Logan whipped out a trusty #2 pencil
and scribbled:

> Mark Haney wrote:

>> First, I would like to suggest that you change your system time to
>> something other than 1999.  :)  That way I don't have to go all the way
>> to the top to view these.
>>
>> Second, are you asking to configure a second copy of apache on your
>> machine?  Or just one not in the standard FC2 location?
>>

>> --------------------------------------
>> Mark Haney
>> Network Administrator
>> InterAct Public Safety Systems
>> mhaney at interactsys.com
>> Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux
>> 12:36:59 up 4:47, 2 users, load average: 2.10, 2.14, 1.85
>>

> Sorry about that this machine's bios is fried and keeps reverting back
> to 1999. Any how I don't use the default apache that comes with
> Fedora. So I have that shutoff and have another copy of apache
> installed else where that I am using. I still want to be able to use
> the redhat-config-httpd even thought I can do it manually it would be
> easier to use the GUI. Is there any way to point the config GUI to my
> separate httpd.conf?

This may be completely off the wall, but can't you just pretend to
configure the apache on your machine and then just transfer the
resulting httpd.conf file over to the other machine?

--
Fritz Whittington
Let each man exercise the art he knows. (Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.)