Dual Boot XP/FC2 Install Problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Sep 1 00:08:47 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 01.09.2004 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 1:59:

> > I am trying to install FC2 on a Dell Dimension 8300, with a Seagate Model ST3120026AS SATA 120Gb hard drive.
> >  The controller is an Intel 82801ED Ultra ATA Storage Controller.  I have repartioned the drive with Partition Magic
> > and formatted the last 20Gb as ext2.  There are no errors on either partition and the machine boots into XP normally.
> >  Upon starting the installation with the known geometry,
> >
> > boot: linux hda=14589,255,63
>
> Why do you pass it the CHS geometry? Don't.

oops - maybe too late already :| I did miss your subject along with the
boot details. But are you really hit by the dual boot problem? Do you
just want to prevent? The errors in your mail seem to indicate a very
different problem.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 02:04:22 up 1 day, 23:21, load average: 1.71, 1.32, 1.22