network install

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Wed Sep 1 08:22:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 20:37 +0000, Simon Tierney wrote:
> Thanks for replying about my installation problem on the mashita dvd
> multi drive.
>
> I have broadband but I have never successfully installed over a
> network connection.
>
> It makes sense to me that the installation of Fedora2 is stalling due
> to lack of a driver because this is a new laptop.
>
> Can someone give me a URL and some instructions how to do a network
> install after booting to the CDROM?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Please don't post HTML based emails to the list, I for one hate having
to change my zoom level on emails to read the text :p

When you put the CD/DVD in to the drive, and you are presented with the
boot prompt, you want to type "linux askmethod". This will ask you which
method you want to use.

You need to find a local mirror, so that your install isn't too slow.

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator