HOSTNAME

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Wed Sep 1 17:49:27 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 2004-09-01 06:19, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 16:27, Mike Wills wrote:
> > Three other people have stated the correct location.
> >
> > /etc/sysconfig/network
> >
> > I have done this and it works, both in FC1 and FC2.
>
> I know, I got that, its just that there seems to be a spook in this
> config somewhere, I don't know where though, probably someone has
> added a hostname command to a startup script somewhere which causes
> the hostname to be set on boot,

for d in /etc /boot ; do
find "$d" -type f -print -exec grep "THE_SPOOK_NAME" {} \; \
  > /tmp/list.txt ; done
vi /tmp/list.txt
/THE_SPOOK_NAME
should land you one line below the name of the offending file, eh?
--
Copyright 2004 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserved without prejudice;
UCC1-207. All information and transactions are non negotiable and are