20K(+) messages on this Mailing List folder

Adam Boettiger adam.boettiger at pobox.com
Thu Sep 2 07:12:58 UTC 2004

> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 20:20, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
>>I subscribed to this list on May,2004. So far, I haven't delete any message
>>at all because once in a while I perform a search against it whenever I
>>need to find out about something (rather than going to the redhat archive).

Just create an email alias that forwards to two addresses and use
it to subscribe to the list:

Address 1 is your POP account.  Using IMAP to check it means you
won't have to download the message to your hard drive and can
read and delete right off the server.

Address 2 is a gmail account http://www.gmail.com/
(If you need an invite write me off-list)

Use Thunderbird (from Mozilla) as your email client.

Create a filter that watches for the list address and filters
messages into a folder for the list.

Read them when you have time and delete all of them.

If you ever need to search for something, go into your gmail
account and search all of the messages of the list.

AB