mp3 misbehaving in xmms

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 09:08:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

> What happens is, I select a directory containing mp3 files and tel it to
> play. Once it starts playing t flies through all of the files taking
> about 2 per file, and all I get out of the speakers is a very quiet
> squeal.

This doesn't sound like an xmms problem. Normally, this happens when the
player can't load the files.

Are the files symlinked to somewhere else? What happens if you drag an
mp3 directly onto the xmms window?

TTFN

Paul
--
"If I face my God tomorrow, I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.