Problem playing DVD's

Bill Tetens zuki269 at netscape.net
Thu Sep 2 13:01:02 UTC 2004

talbotscott at cox.net wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 18:07, Bill Tetens wrote:
>
>>james at westexe.demon.co.uk wrote:
>>
>>>clint at penguinsolutions.org recommended:

>>>Bill Tetens replied:

>>>No, not available means not available.
>>>
>>>If a package doesn't exist in any repositories yum knows about, you get
>>>something like this:
>>>[root at howells root]# yum install a-non-existant-package
>>>Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
>>>Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
>>>Server: Fedora Extras
>>>Server: Fedora Extras (non-US)
>>>Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
>>>Finding updated packages
>>>Downloading needed headers
>>>Cannot find a package matching a-non-existant-package
>>>No actions to take
>>>
>>>If it's installed, you get something like this:
>>>[root at howells root]# yum install glibc
>>>Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
>>>Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
>>>Server: Fedora Extras
>>>Server: Fedora Extras (non-US)
>>>Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
>>>Finding updated packages
>>>Downloading needed headers
>>>glibc is installed and is the latest version.
>>>No actions to take
>>>
>>>Make sure that you have suitable repositories in your /etc/yum.conf
>>>file: at least fedora.us and rpm.livna.org.
>>>
>>>Look at http://fedorafaq.org/#FedoraYumRepos for more details, or ask
>>>here.
>>>
>>>HTH,
>>>
>>>James.
>>>

>>Below is the text I get when I try to install libdvd* libmad* totem*.
>>The first time I got a lot of dowloading and installing and as far as I
>>could tell everything was downloaded.
>>
>>[root at workgroup root]# yum install libdvd* libmad*
>>totem*
>>Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
>>Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
>>Server: Dag APT Repository
>>retrygrab() failed for:
>>
>>http://dag.atrpms.net/fedora/2/en/i386/dag/headers/header.info
>>   Executing failover method
>>Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
>>Finding updated packages
>>Downloading needed headers
>>Cannot find a package matching libdvd*
>>Cannot find a package matching libmad*
>>Cannot find a package matching totem*
>>No actions to take
>>
>>the http://dag.atrpma.net etc above I have no idea what it is. Below is
>>the alternative repositories that I got off a site that had a file
>>stating it is a yum.conf for fedora core.  It lists the complete file
>>for a yum.core and also included the DAG file that I used and is shown
>>below.
>>
>>[dag]
>>name=Dag APT Repository
>>baseurl=http://dag.freshrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
>>
>>http://dag.atrpms.net/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
>>
>>http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag

> [...]

Tried to do as you said with rpm.livna.org and adding the livna repos to
the yum.conf but could not figure out how to do it.  I did add freshrpms
to the yum.conf file and when I tried to install the three files I did
get all three installed and with success. However totem still fails with
the same error as before.  All I can figure is that the DAG function is
down or something.

Anything else we can try????

Thanks
Bill