Dumb Question: Installing new version of Kopete

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 2 16:07:51 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 02.09.2004 schrieb Jo O'Connor um 17:59:

> I have the new version of Kopete that I want to install.  Kopete.kde.org have
> instructions of the form:

> When you run the configure script, here's the recommended command for getting
> it right:"./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`"

> I'm assuming I need to untar into the Kopete directory, and the tar will
> contain a configure script, but need help figuring out which directory to go
> to.

No, untar the tarball i.e. into /var/tmp/, not into any directory with
running programs. Then inside the deflated source you have a configure
script. Run it with the --prefix set as instructed above. Read in
addition the install information from embedded READ and/or INSTALL
files.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:04:48 up 3 days, 15:21, load average: 0.47, 0.57, 0.96