Default geometry of gnome-terminal

CB fedoralist at crispin.cb-ss.net
Thu Sep 2 23:09:42 UTC 2004

Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

>Edit /usr/share/applications/gnome-terminal.desktop and change the Exec
>line to something like this:
>
>Exec=gnome-terminal --geometry 80x40
>
>(80x24 is the default).  Once you change that, your can right-click on
>the gnome-terminal menu item and choose Add this launcher to panel,
>which will keep those settings.
>
>Forrest

Thanks -- that works for clicking on the menu item or launcher. But I
more often start apps by hitting Alt-F2 to use the 'Run Application'
dialogue. There surely must be somewhere where I can set a true default
for gnome-terminal, which will take effect whatever means I use to
launch the app, and not rely just on command-line options?