1 WinXP - 2 seats

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Sep 3 02:56:07 UTC 2004

"Taylor, ForrestX" <forrestx.taylor at intel.com> writes:

> I second rdesktop.  It works like a charm for me.  I even get better
> resolution using rdesktop than I do natively.

How does one manage a logon with this critter?  The manpage says very
little about usage.
rdesktop [options] server[:port]

I'm running FC3t1 with the rdesktop on rawhide.  And winXP-pro.

the win xp pro machine has only one user [administrator] and nothing
is passworded.  Looking thru the winXP help regarding rdesktop it
appears that administrator does not need to be added to list of users.
And that rdesktop is enabled by default.
I have tried it with and without listing administrator on the winxp dialog.

Running rdesktop from linux machine like:

   rdesktop 192.168.x.xxx
gets me a login dialog with a slot for user and one for password.

Filling in UID slot as Administrator and clicking OK gets this
message: `unable to log on because of an account restriction'

But of course `administrator' is unrestricted.

I've tried machine\user, IP.ADD.RESS\user
And several other combinations but all get that same message.

Whats the trick?