Help installing fedora 2 on laptop please (no video after install)

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Sep 3 19:47:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 15:56, Peter wrote:
> Am Do, den 02.09.2004 schrieb bryan2 at dimensional.com um 20:22:
> > I am trying to install fedora 2 on a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop.
>
> OK, I don't use a Dell and can't give any specific advice. But because
> nobody answered your question, I may give some general hints. Perhaps
> they are useful in some way.
>
> > I got the
> > graphic install to work using the install parameter expert vga=2. The install
> > seemed to proceed with out and issues except I got a screen wanting me to
> > identify my monitor. I tried several choices (dell laptop different
> > resolutions) and leaving it undeclared.

Bryan
I installed on my Inspirion 5000  with no problems.

differences between your description and what I did -----
1.  I did not use expert mode
2.  When it asked for the monitor selection I chose LCD and then the
resolution for the default on this monitor (1024x768).

I have no problems at all with the video.