chroot not working against other distributions

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Fri Sep 3 20:41:25 UTC 2004

This solved the problem.

vdso relates to the use of the sysenter instruction in the P4.

I am still a bit intrigued since the kernel doc says nothing
about it: is it for reverting to the interrupt method so
older binaries work with this (fedora) kernel or for forcing
use of sysenter so new binaries work with it.  I googled and
found a message seeming to
point to the later (ie Debian binaries using sysenter) but
AFAIK Debian has tended to lag in the area of autotuning
to the CPU

Anyone knows more about vdso?