pilot settings

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Sep 3 22:54:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Bob Rowlands wrote:

> I have a Palm OS device (Treo 600), and I'd like to sync it
> with my Gnome desktop via a USB port. I'm running Fedora
> Core 2 on a Dell Dimension 2400. I have 6 USB ports on my
> machine, 2 in front and 4 in back. My problem is I don't
> know what device to specify as the port in the Gnome Pilot
> settings. I go into /dev and there are so many devices. Can
> anyone offer some guidance?

Just set the program to use /dev/pilot.

The hotplug subsystem will usually work it out for you...but if all else
fails, link /dev/pilot to /dev/ttyUSB0, and that should take care of it.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit